|Part of Second Syrian campaign of Ramesses II|
Ramesses atop chariot, at the battle of Kadesh. (Relief inside his Abu Simbel temple.)
|New Kingdom of Egypt||Hittite Empire|
|Commanders and leaders|
|رمسيس التانى||Muwatalli II|
|Casualties and losses|
- ↑ Lorna Oakes, Pyramids, Temples & Tombs of Ancient Egypt: An Illustrated Atlas of the Land of the Pharaohs, Hermes House: 2003. P. 142.
- ↑ Nicholas Grimal, A History of Ancient Egypt, Blackwell Books: 1992, p.256
- ↑ "Ancient Discoveries: Egyptian Warfare". Retrieved 2004-05-15.
viewed=12:00 hrs EDST, 2008-05-14, the recently produced program details current thinking of three experts on the Battle of Qadesh, and the Peace of Qadesh (signed about) 15 years later.Unknown parameter
- ↑ Joyce Tyldesley, Ramesses: Egypt's Greatest Pharaoh, Penguin Books, 2000. p.73
- M. Healy, Qadesh 1300 BC: Clash of the warrior kings, 32
- ↑ M. Healy, Qadesh 1300 BC: Clash of the warrior kings, 39
- M. Healy, Qadesh 1300 BC: Clash of the warrior kings, 22
- ↑ M. Healy, Qadesh 1300 BC: Clash of the warrior kings, 21