عد إلى صفحة Amire80
- Hi Amire & welcome to Egyptian Wikipedia. I have sent queries to the admins here taking their opinion about your suggestion, but I can't be very sure that it may work very properly, as Egyptian isn't recognized by institutions (as far as I know), so translation would be hard (as I read in the English intro). Anyway, trying to fix interwikis is great idea & I potentially agree on it. --Mahmudmasri (مناقشه) 07:23، 25 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)
- Re: You don't need institutions recognition for this project. It's a purely technical thing. I can create list of pages with interlanguage links for you already now. You can just use this list as it is. If you want to do more fancy things with it, like sort the pages by groups, you'll have to translate only a few simple strings, like month names.
- I'll upload a basic list later today. --Amir E. Aharoni / أمير أ. أهروني (مناقشه) 09:22، 25 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)
- Thanks for the list user:Amire80/Category pages without interlanguage links, but I see that there are lots of red links to categories that we have already deleted because they were in named in Arabic, not Egyptian. I removed some of them. --Mahmudmasri (مناقشه) 01:03، 27 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)
- Finally, We agree. However, leave the red linked categories (they are deleted mostly) because they are mostly in Arabic & they were deleted for that reason. Is it possible that you would not link other languages to the categories that no articles are listed in? --Mahmudmasri (مناقشه) 05:37، 27 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)
- Re: The deleted categories appear there because they still existed when the dump was created (April 1st). Next time i'll try to remove them automatically. Thanks for this comment.
- I am not sure that i completely understand your other comment: "Is it possible that you would not link other languages to the categories that no articles are listed in". Which categories, for example? Do you have empty categories in this Wikipedia? In other Wikipedias they are usually deleted. If you want to keep them, but not to have interlanguage links in them, i'll try to remove them automatically. --Amir E. Aharoni / أمير أ. أهروني (مناقشه) 06:31، 27 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)
- I'll explain: I thought that, for example, [[category:قوالب القوائم]] (the deleted category, because it's not used & because it's in Arabic, not Egyptian) would have interwikis. But, anyway, I understood you... & ok, remove the empty categories.
- A good translation, which may express the meaning for "Miscellaneous": كوكتيل. --Mahmudmasri (مناقشه) 06:39، 27 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)
- Hi again. We have a problem related to uploading pictures. When we click on the link special:upload, no notification comes-out & asks us to choose the license. Not even in English. Why does Egyptian Wikipedia has that problem? How can we solve it? Only if I can know how to make the notification of licenses to come-out when we upload files at special:upload (at least in English), it would be easy to translate it. --Mahmudmasri (مناقشه) 06:25، 27 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)
- Is it a problem related to the forms at translatewiki.net? --Mahmudmasri (مناقشه) 06:41، 27 مايو 2010 (يو تى سى)